The Fiqh of Social Media presentation consists of a Friday Khutbah and Friday Family Night keynote presentation. The presentation duration is 1 hour (45 minute presentation and 15 minutes of Q&A).
The presentation highlights core Islamic principles and how they connect in a relevant and practical way to our lives. Among the topics covered:
- The concept of friendship and the subconscious effect people you follow have on you
- Impact of social media on spirituality and the personal connection with Allah (swt)
- Phone addiction
- How to tangibly apply concepts of modesty in the online world
- The impact of technology on marriage and family relationships
- How to systematically unplug from technology without draining your willpower or using some kind of crazy focus apps.
- Timeless Prophetic principles to navigate the new age no matter how much things change.
- Quick tips on how to recapture quality family time without screens
About the Project
Fiqh of Social Media is a project founded by Omar Usman under the guidance of Qalam Institute and Shaykh AbdulNasir Jangda.
The project aims to provide a faith based understanding of the impact of social media and technology on our lives and relationships.
Fiqh of Social Media has been featured in:
- Valley Ranch Islamic Center
- MAS Islamic Center of Dallas
- Baba Ali Show Podcast
- Oxford University Islamic Society in the UK
- Iqra Institute in Philadelphia
- Institute of Knowledge Conference in Los Angeles
- ISNA National Convention
- Hiba Magazine in Pakistan
- Muslim Life Hackers Podcast
- Texas Dawah Convention
- …and a number of other Islamic centers.
To host the program, simply fill out this form. Please let us know where you’d like to host it along with the requested dates. To see a a few speaking clips and photos from previous events, scroll down.
[contact-form-7 id=”6″ title=”Contact form 1″]